Do you know the 3 types of business websites?
Your right, you need a business website. You have stumbled upon the top reasons you need a website for your business. You decide now you are ready for your own business website. Next you probably did a google search for Build a Website and choked with over a billion results.
So where on earth do you start?
There are three basic models, types, styles or formats if you will for a business website. You will see each broken down for you below. All three models have both pros and cons. You should become familiar with each so you can choose the best format for your business website.
To help illustrate, let’s use building a house to help you understand what to look for a little better. You wake up in the morning and decide you want a new house. Like a house, there are many ways you can achieve your new website for your business. This will discuss the actual type. Within each type, you can choose to build a blog, an eCommerce site, or just a simple website about your business services to gather leads.
The Free or Cheap Business Website:
You have probably seen the TV commercials for these two, top ranked free website builders. They are Wix and Weebly and share the same pros and cons. Their advertisements show a couple clicks and you will be driving traffic to your new business website. There are a couple more website building platforms rising in the ranks. They are WebSiteBuilder and SiteBuilder. They are two separate custom built websites, each with a different look and feel but are actually the same company.
Pros to Free Website Builders-
- To start with, It’s fast.
- It’s pretty economical too,
- In all honesty, most look really nice,
- Great for non-techy people and
- Probably the best of all, It’s very hard to mess it up
Cons to Free Website Builders–
- It’s more like a condo than a house – you share the address with everyone else
- You have limits on what you can do and how big you can get. As you grow, you will outgrow the website with the only option to build another or move it, which can be just as hard as starting over.
- There are many hidden fees – As with homeowner association fees, there’s always fees to pay that are not so obvious up front.
- The more customized you want it, however, the more expensive it is.
- Customization are usually just cosmetic: Which side the garage is on, what colors in each room, and perhaps how many bedrooms and bathrooms.
Rent a Business Website:
Renting business website space is much like renting a house, or even your leasing your physical store space. As such, the higher your rent the nicer your space. For those that sign long term leases, you can have it built to your needs. Marketers call these mirror sites and mass production duplicate sites.
An example I am sure you have see often is a google search of product or service reviews. You chose one, usually the first or second top review contain links to a private domain to purchase it. All the others link to maybe amazon or may not link at all.
Another example of a mirror website
Is a custom built website such as WebSiteBuilder and SiteBuilder mentioned above. The Google search results show two separate website builder services. They provide the same service on the back end, unbeknownst to the viewer. However, these are full custom sites, not your low cost duplicated websites many local SEO strategy companies offer.
Be careful though if you are looking for a local SEO strategy company. The fancy words like Micro Location Marketing, Proximity Marketing and Inbound Marketing SEO are commonly used to attract and impress you. In a nutshell, it means you have a very specific local market to target and are looking to do so by internet and social media.
Pros for Renting a Business Website–
- Superb for the non technical person.
- Someone does everything for you, of course, saving you time.
- Most services are economical in the short run.Remove featured image
- Great for a temporary situation.
- Normally starts at a low affordable fee that sounds very attractive.
- As a matter of fact, it is a nice way to test your market.
- Likewise, it’s a great way to target local markets. If you chose the right company, you can dominate your target market.
- These type sites are very popular and useful for local professionals.
- Nice way to drive traffic to your main domain without bogging down the server.
Cons for Renting a Business Website–
- It’s never ever yours. The mailbox may have your name on it, but the day you don’t pay rent is the day you are evicted.
- It will look just like all others in the neighborhood (online) but with more limitations.
- You are normally limited on space, only having 3-5 pages and a low bandwidth for traffic.
- For those starting out, do you even have website or affiliate links to drive the traffic to.
- You are also, normally in a contract from 6 months to a full year.
- Once you start expanding the website to fit your growing needs, the prices go up drastically.
- When you decide to build it better, you must start completely over from scratch.
- Most of the time, when you stop or cancel the service, you also have to edit all your inbound accounts with the new info.
Your Own Customized Business Website:
You want full control, you need several bells and whistles and a style all your own. Yep just like your own house, built the way you want it. This is a customized business website – want one free? There’s so much more that goes into your own customized website, likewise with building your own house. If you in this for the long haul, this is the option I recommend.
Pros to Your Own Customized Business Website-
- It’s all yours, it can grow with you as you grow,
- You can have as many customized options you want,
- It’s different from everyone else’s
- In the long run, if you are willing to work it, it’s well worth every one of the Con’s.
Cons to Your Own Customized Business Website–
- You must decide where to build (a CMS – html, WordPress, Tumblr, Joomla) Kiss Metrics has even more platforms listed here.
- Furthermore, you need to buy the property (your domain name and hosting service)
- Next, you will need to buy all the necessary permits (plugins, templates, software programs, eCommerce solutions)
- You may choose to buy a design, either completely custom or one you can modify (WordPress Template)
- In addition to those, you may need to hire a builder or you can build it yourself.
- Then you start planning and purchasing the individual components that need. (Like Graphics)
Time to Decide:
I hope this article helps you determine which style of business website is best for you. Remember, you can always expand if your platform is solid. From years of experience and re-work, I can honestly say, get what you need for the long run so your business can be as successful as you would like it to be.
Do You Know Which Type of Business Website is Right for You now? Drop me a comment and let me know. Caring is sharing, share this to Facebook and help another friend.
PS – I am very serious when I ask if you would like a fully customized website worth thousands – FREE. Click here now and let’s get started! Unlike local seo companies and rent a sites, this site is YOURS!